Friday, October 8, 2010

Snack Sets

They're a fun feminine element of luncheons and parties of the past.  Intended for finger foods and punch, I like to imagine a room full of ladies in skirts and pearls mingling and chatting while carrying one around.


Yes they take up valuable storage space.  Yes it's probably better to hand wash them.  Yes they're breakable.  Yes they're heavy.  Yes disposable Dixie plates get the job done much easier.  But they're soooo pretty!!!


I stopped at a sparse garage sale the other weekend with low expectations.  I was surprised and excited to walk away with a set of 16 trays and glasses for only $10!  They are a little mix-matched, but I love it that way.

  
 

One of my favorite lunch spots in Waco, Amelia's, used a very eclectic collection of snack sets.  They served delicious salads and sandwiches on the tray and soups in the cup.  Perfectly cute!


I won't be selling these any time soon, but you can buy your own here, here and here.  

Have you attended or helped host a luncheon, shower or party recently?  What were your favorite special elements of the event?

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! Glad I got to see a few in person...my kind of pretty!! GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete