Saturday, January 15, 2011

State Souvenir Handkerchiefs

Turns out I don't have as much as I thought I would have to say on blog #2. 
Today I do have something to say about vintage handkerchiefs though.  

They are fun!  And cute!  And neat!  


I love the idea of using them as framed artwork.  When Mothers Stuff kicked off this past April my generous mother let me lay claim to a Texas hankie out of her inventory. The Franshaw beauty is in excellent condition and I hope to one day, sooner than later, collect and frame one from all the states my husband and I have lived in.  They would look great in our guest room.  This website comes up frequently in my internet cruising and even among conversations with Etsy people.  As cute and lengthy as her selections are, the prices are too high for my thrifty budget.







Do you guys (like I have any readers...) have any vintage hankie stories to tell?  Where did you find them?  How much did you pay?  Do you craft with them or display them?  Do you blow your nose on them?

I also like this idea from Apartment Therapy for turning otherwise frumpy doilies into really great wall art.

No comments:

Post a Comment